Banner created by Irish Diablo Random Bits of Pomposity: The Toshiba Satelite A100/A150 Series Laptop...

Monday, June 04, 2007

The Toshiba Satelite A100/A150 Series Laptop...

...is a worthless piece of shit. Unless that is, you feel the need to go all Naomi Campbell on someone's ass. It makes for one helluva weapon when flung, closed and non-attached to an electrical source. Trust me.

Wes and I have been out of town again, (Great having him with me. While he can't do recovery, he damn sure can go fetch my refills and tote my chit to the site.), and mostly without a 'puter. For three days we were in a crappy motel that had no net service, but after moving to a different site (and a different motel with net), ye ole Toshiba refused to co-operate. I'd either get a fukked up screen when trying to boot, or it would boot, then heat up within a matter of minutes, and shut down on it's own. After two days of that crap, I gave up.

Now, some of you may remember that this happened the first time when said laptop was less than 6 months old. When I called the customer service center, the rep., (barely-English-speakin'-Pakistani-mother-fucker), knew what the problemo was, as he promptly assured me that as it was "still under warranty, the motherboard will be replaced, no charge."
After returning home, I called 'em again. Not so accommodating this time.
"We are veddy sowwy Mizzez Coonass, but your unit is no longer under warranty. If you would to pleaze send it back, with an initial payment of $425., we will replace the needed parts."
My response:
"Fuck you. Take my "unit" and your unit, and shove it where tha sun don't shine! Toshiba clearly knows this is a recurring problem, but you offer me nothing! Not even an extension of a warranty that is a mere 30 days out of date!"
If a Google search gives only a few folks pause to purchasing this piece of crap, I'll be happy.
To be continued...
Free Web Site Counter
Website Counters